25 giugno 2011

"He's dead, but he won't lie down"* Buon compleanno!

Eric Arthur Blair (25 June 1903 – 21 January 1950),
better known by his pen name George Orwell

Non è facile.
Sto pensando a quale suo brano scegliere per commemorarlo
Per chi lo farei?
Chi lo conosce, non ha bisogno del mio post.
Chi non lo conosce, non lo incontrerà qui
Io, non ho parole per raccontare come sento le sue,
come il suo sguardo divertito mi accompagna, leggendole.

"What I have most wanted to do throughout the past ten years is to make political writing into an art. My starting point is always a feeling of partisanship, a sense of injustice. When I sit down to write a book, I do not say to myself, 'I am going to produce a work of art.' I write it because there is some lie I want to expose, some fact to which I want to draw attention, and my initial concern is to get a hearing. But I could not do the work of writing a book, or even a long magazine article, if it were not also an aesthetic experience. Anyone who cares to examine my work will see that even when it is downright propaganda it contains much that a full-time politician would consider irrelevant. I am not able, and I do not want, completely to abandon the world-view that I acquired in childhood. So long as I remain alive and well I shall continue to feel strongly about prose style, to love the surface of the earth and to take pleasure in solid objects and scraps of useless information. It is no use trying to suppress that side of myself. The job is to reconcile my ingrained likes and dislikes with the essentially public, non-individual activities that this age forces on us all".
          (Why I write, 1946)
  

Grazie - forever thank you for being there,
Annalisa




* "He's dead, but he won't lie down" (popular song) - da Coming up for air

1 commento:

Annalisa Dolzan ha detto...

http://www.orwelltoday.com/


http://georgeorwellnovels.com/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/4952579/George-Orwells-love-letters-to-go-on-sale.html